Art Weis, MD, Award in Radiation Dosimetry and Safety
Sponsored by: ERF
- This award celebrates the considerable contributions of Art Weis to the field of nuclear medicine.
- As founder and chief executive of Capintec, Inc., Art championed technological advances in the accurate assessment of administered activity and biological assays of radioactivity at a time when these considerations, of fundamental importance to our field, were not as refined as they are now.
- In addition, Art was very active within the SNMMI, serving as chair of a number of essential committees and receiving the SNM Presidential Distinguished Service Award in 2008.
- The Art Weis Award recognizes outstanding original work in radiation safety and dosimetry, as Art considered these to be crucial to the advancement of nuclear medicine.
- Abstracts submitted by physicians, scientists or technologists which advance these concepts are hereby solicited for consideration for this award.
- An ad hoc panel of experts including representatives from the MIRD Committee and the RADAR Task Force will select the awardee based on the relevance, originality, quality and significance of the submitted abstract.
- The contact author of the winning abstract will be notified in advance of the SNMMI Annual Meeting. This award includes:
• A monetary prize and a certificate given to the presenting author at the SNMMI Annual Meeting;
• Recognition of the award-winning abstract by the session moderator during the scientific session in which it is presented;
• Acknowledgement of the abstract in an article in the Abstract Book Supplement to the Journal of Nuclear Medicine (June issue) as well as in an article in SNMMI Newsline.