Sponsored by: ERF
The fellow will spend 5 days with the SNMMI Department of Health Policy and Regulatory Affairs (HPRA). Activities include:
1. Education about public policy development
2. Legislative education day spent on Capitol Hill
3. Regulatory education day spent at CMS and FDA
4. Regulatory education day spent at NIH and NRC
5. Focused education and experience in one area of public policy
The fellow will also be appointed to the SNMMI/ ACNM Committee on Government Relations, to serve a term no less than one year. The fellow will participate in conference calls, meetings, and other activities of the committee
The fellow will be supervised by the Director of HPRA or his/her designate. The fellow will also have a mentor who is a member of the SNMMI's Committee on Government Affairs, or other professional volunteer.
The Fellow receives a $1,000 stipend, in addition to all-expense paid travel to the Washington DC area.