January 31, 2018
During SNMMI’s Mid-Winter Meeting in Orlando, Florida, both SNMMI and SNMMI-TS held leadership academies. These academies are building a cadre of physicians, scientists and technologists with strong leadership abilities who are taking on active roles in the society at the chapter and national levels, as well as within the nuclear medicine and molecular imaging community.
SNMMI Future Leaders Academy
The SNMMI Future Leaders Academy is the most recent addition to the SNMMI leadership development strategy, and this is its third cohort; previous academies were held in 2014 and 2015.
Congratulations to the Future Leaders Academy Class of 2018!
- Gad Abikhzer, MDCM, FRCPC, ABNM – McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Québec, Canada
- Shawn Carter, MD – Radiology Regional Center, Fort Myers, Florida
- Saeed Elojeimy, MD, PhD – University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Robert Flavell, MD, PhD – University of California, San Francisco
- Elizabeth Lulaj, MD – Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
- Adriana Massicano, PhD – University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Carl Odom, MD, MS – Memorial Health University Medical Center, Savannah, Georgia
- Sonya Park, MD – Stanford University, Stanford, California
- Rudolf Werner, MD – John Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
SNMMI-TS Leadership Academy
This is the 11th year of the SNMMI-TS Leadership Academy, which has proved invaluable in preparing and engaging new leaders in all levels of society endeavors.
Congratulations to the Leadership Academy Class of 2018!
- Amanda Abbott, CNMT, RT(N)(CT), PET – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Ashland, Massachusetts
- Katrina Beckett, CNMT – Northside Hospital Cardiology Services, Atlanta, Georgia
- Julie Bolin, CNMT – Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, Arizona
- Lance Burrell, MS, CNMT, PET, RT(CT) – Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Sarah Brosmer – student member (Central Chapter)
- Regan Grimm, CNMT – Cardiovascular Associates, Birmingham, Alabama
- Matthew McMahon, BS, CNMT, RT(CT) – PAREXEL, Sudbury, Massachusetts
- Lisa Patrick, BSRS, RT(N), NCT, CT – GateWay Community College, Phoenix, Arizona
- Cheryl Rickley, CNMT – Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Kelli Schlarbaum, CNMT – University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- Renee Wincek – student member (Southeastern Chapter)