January 18, 2018
The SNMMI Committee on Procedure Standards, chaired by Dominique Delbeke, MD, PhD, FSNMMI, is working with its counterpart at the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) and other partner organizations to update joint procedure standards. The following guidelines are currently under review and/or revision:
- SNMMI, EANM and ISCORN Procedure Standard for Diuretic Renal Scintigraphy in the Adult Patient with Suspected Upper Urinary Tract Obstruction
- SNMMI-EANM Practice Guideline for Renal Scintigraphy in the Adult
- SNMMI-EANM Procedural Guideline for Diuresis Renography in Infants and Children
- FDG-PET/CT (A) Imaging in Large Vessel Vasculitis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica: Joint procedural recommendation of the EANM, SNMMI, the PET Interest Group, and endorsed by ASNC
- SNMMI Procedure Standard for Bone Scintigraphy
- EANM-SNMMI Practice Guideline for FDG-PET/CT External Beam Radiotherapy Treatment Planning in Uterine Cervical Cancer
- EANM, SNMMI, EANO and RANO Procedure Guideline for Imaging Gliomas using PET and PET/CT with Labelled Amino Acid Analogs and 18F-FDG
Watch for several of these to be out for public comment in the next few months.
In addition, new procedures are being identified to expand the societies’ nuclear medicine and molecular imaging guidelines. For example, a joint EANM-SNMMI procedure standard for use of 18F-Fluciclovine in prostate cancer imaging is being developed. An EANM-SNMMI procedural guideline for dopaminergic imaging in parkinsonian syndromes is also in development.
Link to current procedure standards