- Does your state license nuclear medicine technologists? Only required in an outpatient imaging center. But yes, any tech can be licensed.
- Does your state license radiology technologists? Yes-the same as NMTs.
- Does your state require a specialty license for CT attenuation correction? No
- Does your state recognize the CT certification from the ARRT, NMTCB, or both? Both
- If a nuclear medicine technologist is not certified in diagnostic radiography but is certified in CT can they perform diagnostic CT on a standalone CT scanner? Yes
- If a nuclear medicine technologist is not certified in diagnostic radiography but is certified in CT can they perform diagnostic CT on a hybrid scanner? Yes
- Does your state regulate if a nuclear medicine technologist can administer adjunctive medications? Allowed, but I do not believe this is commonly allowed by institutions
- Does your state require CE for licensing? Yes
- How frequently do you have to renew your nuclear medicine technologist license in your state? Annually
- What is the name of the license for CT attenuation correction? N/A
- How many CE units are required? 24 credit units every two years
Updated April 2021