The goal of the Committee on Outreach is to ensure that patients and the medical community recognize the value of nuclear medicine, molecular imaging and radionuclide therapy. It will focus on promoting nuclear medicine and positioning SNMMI as the worldwide leader in molecular imaging and radionuclide therapy.
This charge includes the following objectives:
- Increase the number of patients advocating in support of the value of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Increase referring physicians’ awareness of new radiopharmaceuticals.
- Improve collaboration with other medical societies.
- Increase SNMMI’s outreach efforts and resources within the imaging community.
- Increase outreach to hospital administrators.
- Expand financial resources dedicated to outreach activities.