The application period for 2021 are now closed. Please check back in October 2021
Amount: Non-monetary award
- Every year the SNMMI Awards Committee selects an individual as the recipient of the Paul C. Aebersold Award for Outstanding Achievement in Basic Science applied to Nuclear Medicine or Molecular Imaging.
- The Aebersold Award is named for Paul C. Aebersold, a pioneer in the biologic and medical application of radioactive materials and the first director of the Atomic Energy Commission's Division of Isotopes Development at Oak Ridge.
- It was first awarded in 1973 and honors outstanding achievement in basic science applied to nuclear medicine or molecular imaging.
- This prestigious plaque award is presented at the SNMMI Annual Meeting in June each year.
- Applicants not selected will have their applications rolled over for up to three years.
- Nominees must exemplify outstanding achievement in basic science applied to nuclear medicine or molecular imaging
- The nominator is responsible for providing the following materials:
- A completed application
- CV of the nominee
- Letter of support and include 1 to 3 additional letters of support
- Candidate must be a member of SNMMI
- An award candidate supporter is responsible for:
- Writing a letter in support of the award candidate