June 23, 2019
777 West Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
This free event offers patients and caregivers a unique opportunity to learn about the role of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating disease.
The morning sessions offer an overview of nuclear medicine, radiation safety, and clinical trials. This will be followed by lunch and breakout sessions specific to disease types. You'll also have an opportunity to tour the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging exhibit hall to learn about current and emerging technologies and pharmaceuticals.
Registration is now closed.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
General Sessions (Room: San Simeon AB/4th Floor)
- What is Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging? John Sunderland, PhD, MBA, University of Iowa, Dept. of Radiology
- How to Understand and Evaluate Clinical Trials, George A. Fisher Jr., MD, Oncologist, Gastrointestinal Specialist, Former Head of Clinical Trials, Stanford Cancer Center
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Patient Empowerment Luncheon (Room: Pacific Ballroom B/2nd Floor)
- The Power of Patient Advocacy
- Jeri Francoeur, Susan G. Komen For the Cure
- Josh Mailman, NorCal CarciNET Community
1:30 - 2:15 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Tour 1 (for patients not attending afternoon breakouts)
1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Prostate Cancer (Room: Avila A/4th Floor)
- Frankis Almaguel, MD, PhD, Loma Linda University, San Bernardino, CA
- Duane Baldwin, MD, Urologist, Loma Linda University, San Bernardino, CA
- Neuroendocrine Tumors (Room: San Simeon AB/4th Floor)
- Richard P. Baum, MD, PhD, Zentralklinik Bad Berka THERANOSTICS Center for Molecular Radiotherapy and Precision Oncology, Bad Berka, Germany
- George A. Fisher Jr., MD, Oncologist, Gastrointestinal Specialist, Former Head of Clinical Trials, Stanford Cancer Center
- Erik Mittra, MD, PhD, Associate Professor & Section Chief of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Oregon Health & Science University
- Linda (Lindy) Gardner, BSN, RN, Administrative Nurse-Nuclear Medicine, UCLA Health
- Josh Mailman, President, NorCal CarciNET Community, Ripon, CA
- Cardiac/Coronary Disease (Room: Avila B/4th Floor)
- Hayan Jouni, MD, Nuclear Cardiologist, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Jason R. Young, MD, Radiologist, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Ellen Robin, WomenHeart District Leader (Patient Perspective)
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Tour 2
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Reception (Room: San Simeon AB/4th Floor)