June 24, 2018
Pennsylvania Convention Center
This FREE event offers patients and caregivers a unique opportunity to learn about the role of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating disease.
The morning sessions offer an overview of nuclear medicine, radiation safety, and clinical trials. This will be followed by lunch and breakout sessions specific to disease types. You'll also have an opportunity to tour the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging exhibit hall to learn about current and emerging technologies and pharmaceuticals.
Download a PDF of the program.
10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
General Sessions (Room 112 AB)
- What is Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging? Michael E. Phelps, PhD
- Radiation Safety, Frederic H. Fahey, DSc, FSNMMI
- How to Understand and Evaluate Clinical Trials, Emily Bergsland, MD
12:15 - 1:30 p.m.
Patient Empowerment Luncheon (Room 108 AB)
1:30 - 2:15 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Tour 1 (for patients not attending afternoon breakouts)
1:30 - 3:15 p.m.
- Prostate Cancer (Room 106 AB)
- J. Ryan Mark, MD, Urologist, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Robert Flavell, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Nuclear Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Shawn Russell (Patient Perspective)
- Neuroendocrine Tumors (Room 112 AB)
- Emily Bergsland, MD, Gastrointestinal Oncologist, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- David Metz, MD, Co-Director, Neuroendocrine Tumor Center, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Dan Pryma, MD, Division Chief, Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Molecular Imaging, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Michael Hofman, MMBS, Nuclear Medicine Physician, Peter MacCallum Cancer, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Josh Mailman, MBA, President, NorCal CarciNET Community, Ripon, CA
- Lymphoma (Room 110 AB)
- David Mankoff, MD, PhD, Professor of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Jakub Svoboda, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Stephen Schwartz, Lymphoma Research Foundation and SNMMI Patient Advocacy Advisory Board Chairman
3:15 - 4:00 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Tour 2
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Reception (Room 110 AB)
Thank you to our sponsors:
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS FREE EVENT!
Questions? Contact Linda Budzinski at email@example.com; 703.742.5498.