JNMT Articles on Dose Optimization
- Special Contribution; P Costa, E Bailey, N Bolus, T Alden, G Testanera, L Camoni, C Terwinghe
Technologist Approach to Global Dose Optimization (November 2018)
An overview on selected topics related to dose optimization reflecting the similarities and particularities of dose reduction related principles, initiatives and practicalities from a global perspective.
- Imaging (JNMT); M Machado, V Menezes, N Vieira, C Queiroz, R Matheoud, A Alessio, M Oliveira
Protocols for Harmonized Quantification and Noise Reduction in Low Dose Oncological 18F-FDG PET/CT Imaging (August 2018)
This study aims to derive optimal 18F-FDG PET/CT imaging protocols as a function of body mass to achieve quantification consistent with the EARL criteria while keeping image noise standardized.
- Professional Development; F Fahey, B Sexton-Stallone, J Shepard
Establishing a Radiation Safety Credential for Nuclear Medicine (August 2018)
The Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board performed a needs assessment for a radiation safety credential for NMTs. The assessment included the delivery and evaluation of two surveys. Based on this information, the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board decided to move forward on the development of a content outline and an examination. The board also developed eligibility criteria for those interested in taking the examination. The examination was first administered in November 2017. This article describes in detail the needs assessment performed before the decision to develop the credential, as well as the process to generate the examination and an analysis of the results.
- Goals of the SNMMI-TS Quality Committee-Editorial; April Mann (December 2017)
- Minimizing Human Error in Radiopharmaceutical Preparation and Administration via a Bar Code–Enhanced Nuclear Pharmacy Management System (September 2012)
Hakala and colleagues investigate using an electronic connection between information management systems to allow the tracking of a radiopharmaceutical from preparation to administration.
- Minimizing and Communicating Radiation Risk in Pediatric Nuclear Medicine (March 2012)
Fahey and colleagues review radiation dosimetry, radiation risk estimation, effective communication of risk to patients’ families, and radiation dose reduction in pediatric nuclear medicine.
- Optimization of Low-Dose CT Protocol in Pediatric Nuclear Medicine Imaging (November 2010)
Piwowarska-Bilskaand colleagues describe an optimized protocol for SPECT/CT systems that makes it possible to minimize the dose to patients.
- Assessment of Patient Exposure to X-Radiation from SPECT/CT Scanners (September 2010)
Hara and colleagues evaluate radiation exposure doses (organ-absorbed doses) to each organ from SPECT/CT scans under various CT conditions.
- Principles of CT: Radiation Dose and Image Quality (December 2007)
Goldman discusses CT radiation dose, the measurement of CT dose, and CT image quality.
- Communicating Radiation Exposure: A Simple Approach (September 2001)
Zeng presents a simple approach to help physicians and technologists to effectively communicate radiation exposure information and perhaps potential radiation risk.
- Maintaining a Proper Perspective of Risk Associated with Radiation Exposure (September 2001)
Thompson describes types of radiation risk, estimation of doses, and communication of relative risks to patients.