Committee on Outreach
- Educate patient advocacy groups about the current value and future promise of molecular imaging and prepare them to be powerful allies in maintaining and expanding access to molecular imaging and therapy.
- Increase knowledge among referring physicians about current value and future promise of molecular imaging.
- Raise awareness and deepen understanding among reimbursement administrative decision makers (private health insurance, Medicare, radiology benefit managers) to balance the call to reduce care with an understanding of the benefits of appropriate care
- Create awareness of the power of molecular imaging and therapy in an effort to assist researchers in advancing their discoveries to the clinic.
- Develop a campaign outlining the benefits of studies performed by properly credentialed physicians and technologists.