Apply Now »
Opening Date: July 12, 2017
Sponsored by: ERF
- The SNMMI has entered into a collaboration agreement with RAD-AID, whose mission is to increase and improve radiology resources in the developing and impoverished countries of the world. Radiology is a part of nearly every segment of health care, including pediatrics, obstetrics, medicine and surgery, making the absence of radiology a critical piece of global health disparity.
- This collaborative effort, led by Dr. Munir Ghesani will allow the SNMMI to provide two awards instead of one.
- The name of the award has been changed to the “Hyman-Ghesani RAD-AID SNMMI Global Health Scholarship.”
- The award recipients will participate in a 10-14 day international visit to the Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to share imaging protocols, best practices and radiation safety concepts in nuclear medicine, attend multidisciplinary conferences with the clinical colleagues and show pertinent cases, and deliver presentations at the evening educational sessions/dinner events.
- Someone interested in nuclear medicine who is currently in his or her second year of nuclear medicine residency
- Is currently in the second year or third year of his or her diagnostic radiology residency.
- Application must include a letter from the program director giving authorization to participate in the international component of this award during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be able to attend the SNMMI 2018 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA between June 23-27, 2018 or the SNMMI 2019 Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA between June 22-26, 2019.
- Must be a current member of SNMMI. To become a member, please visit: www.snmmi.org/membership
- Must submit a RAD-AID application and comply with all RAD-AID rules and regulations regarding the Hyman-Ghesani RAD-AID SNMMI Global Health Scholarship
Apply Now »