Opening Date: December 1, 2018
Sponsored by: ERF
- The pilot research grant is designed to help a basic or clinical scientist in the early stages of their career conduct research that may lead to further funding.
- This grant may be used for salary support of the principal investigator, as well as direct costs of supplies and equipment.
- Support is not provided for salaries of other research personnel, or for indirect costs.
- Basic or clinical scientists with an advanced degree, such as MD, PhD, or equivalent.
- The research may be done in any country.
- Awardee must hold a full-time position in an educational institution when the award starts.
- Applicant must be no more than five years post training (most recent training; training includes residency, MD/PhD training, professional school, graduate school, post doc, or fellowship).
- Applicant must not have served as the principal investigator of a peer-reviewed grant for more than $50,000 in a single calendar year.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated great potential for a research career in the field of nuclear medicine/molecular imaging and whose research focuses on translational in vivo studies that include radionuclide imaging or therapy.
- Principal investigator's current curriculum vitae
- A research abstract and a detailed research proposal not to exceed 10 pages, excluding references.
- One letter of recommendation from the program director or research supervisor.
- One letter of recommendation from a professional colleague.
- Applicant must be a member of SNMMI at the time of award. If you are not a member, please visit: www.snmmi.org/membership
Apply Now »