The Program Committee of the American College of Nuclear Medicine invited the submission of original abstracts for the 2019 Annual Meeting, held in January in Palm Springs, CA. Over 80 abstracts from young professionals (physicians or scientists in training, or in practice within 10 years of graduation) were submitted on aspects of clinical and basic science in nuclear medicine, correlative imaging in radiology, nuclear cardiology and radiation oncology. Accepted abstracts were presented in both oral and poster format.
Ursula Mary Kocemba-Slosky, Ph.D., awards for the Best ACNM Nuclear Medicine Research Abstracts presented by NM Residents at the ACNM Annual Meeting:
- David R. Cardoza-Ochoa: “Comparison of 99mTC-HMDP and 99mTC-EDDA/HYNIC-IPSMA SPECT/CT in the Detection of Bone Lesions of Patients with Unfavorable Intermediate to Very High-Risk Prostate Cancer”
- Paulina Cegla: “Influence of Biological Parameters Assessed in 18F-FDG-PET/CT on Overall Survival in Cervical Cancer Patients”
- Sana O. Subhan: “The Clinical Impact and Performance of MRI and 18F-FDG PET-CT in the Detection of Uveal Melanoma Hepatic Metastases"
The ACNM would like to thank Dr. Jack Slosky and the Education and Research Foundation for Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging – ERF – for sponsoring these awards.
ACNM Annual Meeting Best Abstract:
- Justin G. Peacock: “Clinical Outcomes for Patients with Biliary Symptoms Undergoing Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy with the Cholecystagogues Sincalide and Ensureplus”
- David T. Wymer: “Importance of Nuclear Imaging in Transthyretin Amyloidosis of the Heart: Discordant Relationship Between Degree of Technetium-99m-PYP Uptake and Diastolic Dysfunction Measured by Echocardiography”
The ACNM would like to thank Dr. Warren Janowitz and the Education and Research Foundation for Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging – ERF – for sponsoring these awards.
RALPH BLUMHARDT AWARD, BEST ABSTRACT FROM A LEAD OR PRESENTING AUTHOR FROM A DEVELOPING NATION:
- Ashwin S. Parihar: "Tubercular Meningitis – 18F-FDG PET/CT Accurately Predict Response to Treatment?"
- Guillaume Chausse: "PSMA Inhibitor (PMPA) Intraglandular Injection to Block PSA Salivary Gland Uptake"
- Issa Loutifi: “Tc-99m Tetrofosmin Gated-SPECT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging for Assessment of Left Ventricular Contraction Dyssynchrony in Patients with Myocardial Ischemia and Infarction